Volunteer training with APBP will take place on Saturdays at the Aull Center from 10AM-1PM. Training takes about an hour. You can come anytime during that time period. The Aull Center is located at 351 Spruce St. in downtown Morgantown, right next door to the public library.
If Saturdays won’t work for you, write to Katy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the training, you will learn how we respond to letters from imprisoned women and men who are looking for books to read. Once you are trained, you can volunteer anytime the Aull Center is open (which is a lot!)
We can always use help! If you have questions, please contact us. Or, if you have already been trained, please stop by and pack up a book or two or three or four or five or…you get the picture! :-)
Volunteers can also help in any of the following ways:
- Donate books (see our “Donate” page for books we need & do not need!)
- Shelve books & organize the office space
- Fundraise! Spread the word!
- Make contacts with prison libraries
- Correspond with people who are in prison
- Sponsor a book drive for dictionaries